1. I spent the first 16 years of my life in Colorado. No, I have never been skiing.
2. I bought my first vintage dress (it was a beautiful 50s shirt dress with a rose stripe pattern) about four years ago. My dog destroyed it about three years ago, and I still miss it.
3. When I was a kid, I would make up the most ridiculous stories, like that I was adopted from the Netherlands and had forgotten about it until I found the diary that I had written when I was still there, or that I had published a book but it was only available in Rhode Island. I'm pretty sure no one believed me.
4. The library in my home town had a great selection of pretty old books, and I would read the Oz books obsessively. My favorite color is green because I would pretend that green things would magically transport me to Emerald City.
5. I have pretty... eclectic tastes in music. I listened mostly to heavy metal and folk music all through high school and college, but recently I've gotten into what I've jokingly come to call "lady pop" - indie pop music with female singers.
6. I actually got my passport to fly to Norway to see the final concert of one of my favorite bands, a Norwegian folk rock group called Gåte.
7. Although I don't sing much anymore, I studied opera in college and played with a band for a few years. I still really enjoy going to the Lyric Opera here in Chicago when I can afford tickets.
8. I am not a picky eater when it comes to most things, but I have some serious issues with texture. I've eaten Rocky Mountain oysters, balut, and more than one dish made with brains with some enthusiasm, but just looking at prime rib makes me slightly nauseous.
9. Tilda Swinton is one of my celebrity icons. I swear, she's some kind of elfin sprite who's been transported to our universe, not an actual human woman.
10. Sometimes it actually, legitimately makes me sad to think that magic doesn't exist. When I finish reading a really good fantasy book, I'll often be kind of depressed afterwards.
If you comment, I want you to tell me one interesting thing about yourself. Have fun!